A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life
The SPIE Annual International Day of Light Photo Contest is being held to raise awareness about International Day of Light and the vital role that light and light-based technologies play in daily life.
The photo contest is open to people of all ages, both amateur and professional photographers.
The theme of the photo contest is: A World of Light: The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life.
Examples of content includes, but is not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere, nature, and materials
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
• People interacting with light and/or light technology
• The betterment of the human condition with light
SPIE is a not-for-profit international professional society that supports scientists and engineers in the fields of optics and photonics. Learn more about SPIE at http://SPIE.org. SPIE is a supporter of the UNESCO International Day of Light.
1st Place: US $2,500
2nd Place: US $1,000
3rd Place: US $500